Taxis and minicabs (Private Hire Cars)
The Council's Licensing Team administers the scheme for the licensing of taxis and private hire cars and their drivers. All taxis and private hire cars operating within West Lothian require to hold a West Lothian taxi or private hire car licence.
Drivers of taxis or private hire cars must hold either a taxi driver's licence (allows the holder to drive a taxi or private hire car) or a private hire car driver's licence (allows the holder to drive private hire cars only).
Further infomation can be obtained by clicking on the options to the left of this page.
Updated: 1 May 2013
- Advertising On Hire Cars (PDF, 8 KB)
- Application for a Replacement Taxi/Private Hire Vehicle (Business) (PDF, 416kb)
- Application for a Replacement Taxi/Private Hire Vehicle (Individual) (PDF, 447kb)
- Application for a Taxi/Private Hire Car Driver Licence (PDF, 231)
- Application for CCTV (PDF, 231kb)
- Application for Change of Address (PDF, 52kb)
- Application for change of registration (PDF, 15kb)
- Application for Duplicate Licence/Identity Badge/Change of Details (PDF, 32kb)
- Application for Replacement Plates and Holders (PDF, 33.5kb)
- Application for the Grant/Renewal of a Taxi/Private Hire Car (Individual) (PDF, 964kb)
- Application for the Grant/Renewal of a Taxi/Private Hire Car Licence (Business) (PDF, 991kb)
- Conditions Attached to Hire Car Cars and Drivers (Revised October 2011) (PDF, 317kb)
- Fare Table for Hire Cars - Effective from 22 October 2012 (PDF, 36.2kb)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 9.62kb)
- Guidance Note on the Death of a Taxi or PHC Licenceholder (PDF, 7.75kb)
- Hire Car Fees from 1 April 2013 (PDF, 42kb)
- Newsletter for Hire Cars and Drivers October 2011 (PDF, 38.1kb)