The council provides and maintains a system of traffic signals and pedestrian crossings across the district to help pedestrians, motorists and cyclists move around safely.
We are required to respond to Traffic Light emergencies within four hours but aim to respond within two hours.
- If the metal panel on the front of the signal pole/ control cabinet is off and the wires are showing.
- If someone has crashed into a signal pole/control cabinet or it is leaning over.
- If a signal hood or sensor is hanging down.
- Damaged underground or overhead cables.
- Any part of an installation is burning.
- Any report of electric shock.
- Signals all dark or stuck in one phase.
- All signals at junctions are remotely monitored within the Lighting Section and any problems can be checked immediately.
If traffic lights are not working or have a fault you should contact us soon as possible, providing as much detail as possible of the location and type of fault.
- Repair defective traffic lights within 48 hours of notifiction. Should the fault lie with the supply from Scottish Power, we will inform them of the fault and monitor the fault until it is resolved.
- Provide an effective emergency response service within 4 hours of notification.
You can either contact our Customer Service Centre on 01506 775000
7 Whitestone Place,
Whitehill Industrial Estate,
Tel. 01506 775000
Fax. 01506 776568