The council is responsible for providing and maintaining good quality street lighting across the district making our communities safer, extending the leisure and working day and reducing the risk of crime.
Emergencies are responded to within 2 hours and cover:
- The metal panel on the front of the lamppost/sign pole/control cabinet is off and the wires are showing.
- If someone has crashed into a lamppost/sign pole/control cabinet or it is leaning over.
- If the column bracket, lantern or bowl is hanging down.
- If there are damaged underground or overhead cables.
- If any part of the installation is burning.
- Any report of electric shock.
In each case call the council's Customer Service Centre as soon as possible. Each lamppost has its own unique number, if possible, quote this and give as much detail as you can about the lamppost's location.
- Repair above ground street lighting, signs and bollard defects within 7 days.
- Repair underground cable faults, which are West Lothian Council''s responsibility within 28 calendar days. If the cables are the responsibility of Scottish Power, we will inform Scottish Power of the fault and monitor the situation regularly with them until resolution.
- Provide an effective emergency response service within 2 hours.
You can either contact our Customer Service Centre on 01506 775000
7 Whitestone Place,
Whitehill Industrial Estate,
Tel. 01506 775000
Fax. 01506 776568
Frequently Asked Questions
Click a question to see the answer.
The automated street lighting is operated by a photo-electric cell.
When a fault occurs in street lighting, the lights are automatically designed to fail in the 'on' position to ensure that the lighting is maintained during the hours of darkness prior to repairs being carried out.