Environmental Health has responsibility for investigating most types of noise problem in West Lothian. Environmental Health operate an emergency out-of-hours noise service which can be contacted on 01506 775000. Examples of the types of complaint dealt with include:
- Construction and demolition
- Pubs and clubs (entertainment noise) -downloadable pdf document below
- Vehicle, house and business burglar alarms
- Noise from businesses
- Dog barking (dealt with by Dog Warden)
- Aircraft niose - downloadable pdf document below
Neighbour noise complaints are the responsibility of the Neighbourhood Response Team which can be contacted on 01506 775000.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click a question to see the answer.
As an individual it is possible to take legal action against a neighbour where they are causing you a statutory nuisance from things like noise and smoke. The provisions of Part IV of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 allow you to do this. It is recommended that you seek legal advice before embarking on this process.