Energy Consumption Facts
Did You Know.....
- A typical PC left on all the time produces 0.8 tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions annually.
- A laser printer operating without a standby facility will use £12 of electrical energy per year. If left on at night, weekends or during holidays, this increases to £60 per year.
- Switching off vending machines at nights and weekends reduces carbon dioxide emissions by 1 tonne annually per machine.
- An increase of only 1oC in a room's temperature will increase a heating bill by 6-10%.
- A photocopier left on over night uses enough energy to make 5,300 photocopies.
You can work to reduce energy costs by making small changes. Find out how simple changes can make a big difference.