Commercial waste - collection
West Lothian Council runs a frequent service to collect refuse, waste paper and cardboard from commercial premises throughout the district.
Those eligible are:
- Owners and users of commercial and other non-domestic premises such as those occupied by charities or voluntary groups, churches, schools and other educational establishments and hospitals
- In the case of commercial premises, the service is only provided to customer who have paid for this service
2013/2014 (starting 1st April 2013) are as follows:
- 140 litre bin £197.30 per annum (no vat)
- 240 litre bin £287.76 per annum (no vat)
- 1,100 litre bin £929.27 per annum (no vat)
Purchase for change of size or additional bin
If you wish to change the size of your bin or require additional bins, the purchase prices are detailed below for 2013/14:
- 140 litre bin £36.23 plus Vat
- 240 litre bin £42.43 plus Vat
- 1100 litre bin £300.15 plus Vat
- Sell wheeled bins to customers. These may be 140 litre, 240 litre or 1100-litre capacity bins and are usually different from bins used for domestic refuse in that they are grey with a green lid. Costs can be found below.
- Replace damaged or lost bins if paid for by the customer.
- Provide those customers who have paid the annual charge with coloured stickers to attach to their bins as proof of payment. (The Duty of Care Waste Transfer Note must be returned along with payment before coloured stickers can be issued and attached to the bin as proof of payment)
- Provide the service twice a week, on Monday and Thursday or Tuesday and Friday.
- Empty wheeled bins, which have been left at the kerbside or other designated collection point and return them to the collection point.
- Clean up any spillage caused by Council employees
Frequently Asked Questions
Click a question to see the answer.
No. Currently, commercial rates payable to the local authority do not include payment for trade waste collection and disposal.
West Lothian Council runs a frequent service to collect refuse, waste paper and cardboard from commercial premises throughout the district. Please contact 01506 775000 to order one
A new bin costs: 240 litre - £50.92, 1100 litre - £360.18, 1100 Litre Bin Second Hand Bin. All costs are inclusive of vat.
A second hand bin costs: 140 litre - £29.38, 240 litre - £32.90, 1100 litre £240.88. All costs are inclusive of vat.
A replacement bin is free of charge for households but the following charges will be made to commerical properties: 140 litre £35, 240 litre £41 and 1100 litre £290. Missing bins - If your bin has gone missing please contact us to ascertain whether or not the collection vehicle has uplifted it. If the bin has been uplifted by accident, we will action a replacement. If your bin is suspected stolen, it must be reported to the local police station where a crime incident number must be obtained. Thereafter we should be contacted to request a replacement bin. You will be asked at this stage to quote the crime incident number. Damaged bins - This should be reported to us, so that we are able to arrange a replacement. All replacement bins may not be new as we repair and reuse wherever possible. Any bin beyond repair is recycled. We will provide your replacement bin within 5 working days.
No. Historically, all commercial businesses received a waste collection service from a local authority and were charged for this as part of their commercial rates. However, businesses must now make their own arrangements for waste collection, i.e. You may utilise a Council or private contractor authorised to carry waste.
Please contact Waste Services on 01506 775000 giving the details.
Collections take place throughout the day, so make sure you have your bin is in an approved location by 7am.
You should contact the Customer Service Centre on 01506 775000