- Animal welfare and Pest Control
- Climate change
- Countryside, farming and wildlife
- Energy and sustainability
- Environmental health
- Land and property
- Parking and car parks
- Parks, gardens and open spaces
- Planning and Building Standards
- Regeneration and town centre management
- Roads and Pavements
- Rubbish and recycling
- Street care and cleaning
Planning and the environment
West Lothian has one of the fastest growing populations in Scotland and the council is committed to managing this growth in an environmentally sustainable way, by managing resources such as water and land efficiently, to conserve energy and the external environment.
The structure plan and local plan provide guidance on the location of development across West Lothian.
SPG documents and developer contribution policies for applicants.
Find out about climate change in West Lothian and how it affects you
Building warrant applications,completion certificates, letter of comfort, reporting a dangerous building.